5 Best Online Casinos for UK Players
Top 10 Best UK Casinos
Online casino players in the UK have noticed a dramatic uptick in gambling sites. This is due to updated laws and increased public interest in the pastime. If you want to play at the top websites with the best promotions, then check out what we have to offer. We'll point you in the right direction and leave you feeling more prepared than ever to find the perfect online casino.
What the Top 10 UK Casinos have in Common
The best sites don't cut corners and perceive the needs of their customers before they even open their proverbial doors. Here are a few things to look for in a site that's worth your time and money.
- Licensing - Make sure every online UK casino you play at is fully licensed and regulated. Not only do they need to be approved by the governing body in their jurisdiction, but they also need to be sanctioned to allow players from your locale. There are plenty of sketchy sites out there that will let anyone make a deposit, but only when it comes to paying out will they let you know that you aren't playing from an approved location. The best way to avoid that is to play at licensed sites. Some of the most common regulators are the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, Curaçao eGaming, and the Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
- Software - The top 10 online casinos use the best gambling software providers. The selection of developers will determine the gameplay, reliability of the games, and even the size of the jackpots. You'll need to research each provider to make sure there aren't any suspect things being said about them by other players. Top providers include Microgaming, Playtech, Betsoft, Yggdrasil Gaming, and iSoftBet, to name a few.
- Banking - Online gamblers are a diverse bunch. Some like to use debit or credit cards to make deposits and withdraw cash. Others prefer to use their cryptocurrency accounts. Many will use an eWallet service provider like Neteller. Still, others like an old-fashioned bank transfer. Whatever the case, the best sites offer many different options to cater to every stripe of player.
Choosing the Best Bonus
There are lots of different bonuses, and which one is the best depends partially on you and your preferences. Whether you like slots, table games, poker tournaments, or bingo will determine which one works best for you. Make sure the terms and conditions are reasonable, and then the rest is up to you.
- Free Spins - If you like slots, then free spins are the way to go. The casino will give you a certain number of no deposit spins, maybe 30, just for signing up as a new player. Be sure to check on which slots the promotion is good for, as some sites will impose no restrictions, while others will only let you use your free spins on one slot machine.
- Bonus Cash - Bonus cash is generally a bit more flexible than free spins. The website will give you a certain amount of cash, say $25. Sometimes these bonuses are free; other times, they are dependent on a deposit. Be aware of the wagering requirements. If a site has 10 times wagering, then you'll need to bet $250 before cashing out your winnings on the $25 bonus. Other sites will have much more predatory wagering requirements, like 50 or 60 times, meaning you'd have to wager $1,250 or $1,500, which would be nearly impossible to have any money in the end.
- Free Play - A free play promo is usually either a certain amount of time that you can play any game you want, like 60 minutes, or it might be a certain number of rounds of a game, like ten rounds of Keno. Either way, wagering requirements will apply to your winnings just like they do to the other two promotions mentioned. Also, keep in mind that different games will count differently towards meeting the requirements. For example, slots usually count 100%, while table games are in the 1-5% range, and live dealer games sometimes don't count towards wagering at all.
Banking Options for British Casino Players
First of all, if you live in Great Britain, make sure the casino you want to play at allows players to play in GBP. Many sites allow several different currencies, but it will save you having to exchange your money if you find a site that accepts pounds. Then, choose the banking method that suits you.
- Cards - If you like plastic, then you'll be able to use your Mastercard or local debit card on the best UK sites. This is a widespread option, and you'll likely find it at most top online casinos.
- eWallets - Using an eWallet is sometimes the easiest option. Just link your account that you already have set up with PayPal, Neteller, or Skrill, and you'll be able to make deposits and withdraw winnings with ease.
- Cryptocurrency - If you prefer anonymity, you can choose to use cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Ripple. More and more casinos are getting on the crypto train, so it won't be too hard to find one that offers that as an option.
The Top Gambling Software Developers
- Playtech - Playtech started in the industry in 1999 and offers over 600 casino games They are especially known for their superhero branded slots.
- Microgaming - Microgaming is always on the list of the top software developers. They have a vast network of progressive jackpots and more than 500 casino games.
- Betsoft - Betsoft has carved out a niche for themselves in the world of 3D slots, with over 130 available.
The top 10 UK casinos will give you a great user experience. They have excellent bonuses, the best software, and flexible banking options. If you want to play at websites like these, then check out our suggestions - you won't be disappointed.